First place winners in age categories 14-18 and 19-29 will receive:
- • a $2000 cash prize;
- • an all-expenses-paid trip to the Governor General’s History Awards
- • Our Senior Arts Winner will receive an all-expenses* paid trip to Toronto, courtesy of the Indigenous Visual Culture program at OCAD University, including a professional development experience at OCADU. The winner can participate in OCADU’s summer program, attend OCADU’s National Portfolio Review day, or be a “student for a day” at OCADU.
- • Our Senior Writing Winner will receive an all-expenses* paid trip to Banff, including a week-long writer’s residency at The Banff Centre.
- *An all-expenses paid trip includes the following: an economy return flight to and from Toronto for the Senior Arts Winner, and to and from Banff for the Senior Writing Winner, including one piece of checked luggage per winner. It also includes accommodation and a $50.00 daily stipend to cover 3 meals per day for the duration of the trip’s official programming. All other costs, including the cost of transportation to and from the airport, will be covered by the winner. The prize must be used before March 31st, 2018. These prizes are non-transferable and can only be used by the award recipients.
First place in age category 9-13 will receive:
- • One winner from both writing and arts will be selected, and each winner will receive a prize valued at $100, and will have their work featured on the contest website.
Second place finalists in age categories 14-18 and 19-29 will receive a $1000 cash prize.
Third place finalists in age categories 14-18 and 19-29 will receive a $500 cash prize.
4th to 5th place Finalists in the Arts Competition in age categories 14-18 and 19-29 will each receive a $100 cash prize.
4th to 10th place Finalists in the Stories Competition in age categories 14-18 and 19-29 will each receive a $100 cash prize.
Up to five honourable mentions for the 14-18 and 19-29 age categories for both writing and arts will be selected.
One honourable mention from the 9-13 age category for both writing and arts will be selected.
All finalists and honourable mentions will have their writing and artwork published on the contest website.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation acknowledging their hard work and participation in the program.
Group entries are eligible for a special prize. Past prizes have included a digital camera for the winning school or group!